Welcome and thank you for your interest in Freemasonry in Nottinghamshire.
Hopefully, you have found this site informative enough to want to find out more about joining a Freemasons lodge in Nottinghamshire. We also have a questions and answers section that can assist you further.
- You must be aged 18 years or over.
- Be an honest person of good moral character.
- Have a belief in a Supreme Being.
- Able to commit to giving time.
The First Steps to becoming a Freemason in Nottinghamshire
- Please complete the Membership Enquiry Form – we will then be in touch.
- We will invite you to meet the appropriate Hall Membership Coordinator at an informal venue to discuss your interest in Freemasonry.
- We will match you to a Lodge that we think will suit your needs and interests
- We will invite you to meet members of that Lodge and get to know them
- If you and the Lodge are happy, you will be invited to be Initiated into Freemasonry
Each Lodge will have its own way of doing things but essentially each follow the same principle. As much as you can, we will encourage you to meet socially with Lodge members, to get to know them. They will want to find out about you, and you will want to make sure the Lodge is right for you. There will also be opportunities for your family to meet with members and to ask questions; their support is equally important.
Should you be successful, the Lodge will ask you to attend for an interview and your application will be completed. This will be read out at the next meeting of the lodge and a date will be set for you to become a Freemason.
During this time, it is generally the Secretary or Membership Officer who will keep you informed at each stage.
Good luck in your application!
Please click either the blue link in the text above or click on the Enquiry image below
If you reside in a country outside of the UK and wish to join Freemasonry, then please visit the